$500 Signing Bonus
About the Company:
CORMETECH, Inc. was founded in 1989, and provides environmental engineering solutions and services to the North American and world's power, marine, industrial-process, refinery, and petrochemical markets. It is servicing the growth needs of the U.S. power generating fleet to comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations in a cost effective way.
CORMETECH has fully dedicated, state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, research and development centers and testing laboratories in Charlotte (NC), Cleveland (TN), Durham (NC), and Kings Mountain (NC).
This position involves using overhead cranes to move catalyst modules through the regeneration process while maintaining process specifications and recording process data. The Production Operator III will also encounter direct interaction with chemicals in an industrial atmosphere. This position will require learning the regeneration process as well as performing QA/QC checks, recording process information, and properly adding chemicals to tanks.
- Follow all safety procedures
- Overhead crane operation for moving modules through process
- Read and follow process instructions
- Maintain process specifications
- Ensure modules are moved at proper times
- Verify that solution criteria (temp, pH, etc.) is within specification before use
- Record appropriate process information on module traveler cards
- Properly label catalyst modules during and after processing
- Alert supervisor of process deviations
- Assist in chemical mixing and additions as needed
- Verify and document modules are washed properly
- Track and record project information, process data, and sampling plans
- Learn basic functions of control room, assist in control room operations as needed
- Special projects as assigned
- Safety conscious
- Self-motivated worker
- Willingness to take on responsibility
- Able to work in a team
- Able to be punctual
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to read, follow instruction, and record information
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Work experience in an industrial environment
- Overhead crane operation experience 1-3 years preferred
- Chemical handling experience 1-3 years preferred
- Forklift experience 1-3 years preferred
- Experience with MS Excel or similar program preferred
- Proven knowledge of SDS information
- Proven knowledge of general plant safety
This job operates in a plant environment. This role routinely requires moving equipment, interacting with forklifts and cranes, and working around chemicals. Therefore, safety consciousness is paramount. Temperature can be very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. The noise level is high and requires attentiveness. Environment can be very dusty and dirty at times.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching and possibly a slight climb at times. The employee must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds and up to 75 lbs. with a team.
Cormetech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The success of Cormetech depends upon attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified people regardless of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran’s status.