Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET.
The goal of this Grower Relations intern is to provide opportunities for students to gain real world agronomy experience in the Food Processing Industry and to help students develop professionally in a progressive manner with an increasing amount of responsibility. The position will provide an excellent opportunity to gain real world experience while working under the supervision of experienced Grower Relations and Marketing expert.
All Grower Relations Interns must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with making customer service calls to Growers
- Send follow up information to Growers as needed
- Assist with Grower email campaigns
- Assist in preparing for Grower trade shows
- Attend trade shows as needed
- Process, label, and ship soil samples
- Analyze soil sample results and report to appropriate team
- Understand how yellow field peas fit into a Grower’s rotation and high-level agronomic details about peas
- Assist the Grains marketing team in creating Grower brochures
- Prepare marketing material for tradeshows and events
- Help develop content for emails, social media and other upcoming events
- Assist in import leads, updating profiles in HubSpot and scanning business cards into HubSpot post tradeshows/events
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Current enrollment at a college/university with an agronomy related field
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated clear, informative, persuasive and collaborative verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, continuous learner who enjoys solving problems and challenges.
- Self-motivated and committed to safety and quality
- Work well independently and within diverse groups.
PURIS brings growers, makers, and eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. We are reimagining what it means to be environmental stewards at every step in the food journey from seed to shelf.
Join the MOST INNOVATIVE FOOD COMPANY OF 2021 named by Fast Company Magazine!
Innovation is in the PURIS DNA. Since 1985, our company’s focus has been feeding people, and as luck would have it, the path to nourishing people mirrors the path to nourishing the planet, itself. And what began as a mission to breed more resilient crops has blossomed into something much greater -- a company taking leaps forward in regenerative agriculture, state of the art manufacturing processes, food security, and global supply chain transparency.
Check out our website (www.puris.com) to learn more or email email@example.com for more info.
PURIS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The hiring process for successful candidates includes successfully completing a team interview, background check, pre-employment physical, and negative drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.