BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation based in Boston, MA on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people looking for individuals to help us build the right team to support us in meeting our goals.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Construction Manager who will report to the Senior Director of Construction and work along our Site Acquisition, Interconnection and Development teams. The Construction Manager will be responsible for participating in the procurement of EPC and other QAQC consultant services for large-scale PV solar ground mount arrays, and commercial/industrial roof mount/canopy arrays.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Developing construction budgets in a timely manner;
• Ability to assist with project design including providing suggestions and ;
• Experience in providing value engineering suggestions in order to save on construction costs;
• Knowledge of solar equipment including panels, inverters, racking systems, transformers and other electrical equipment that is installed on site;
• Knowledge of Massachusetts subcontractor community a plus;
• Ability to travel to other states a plus;
• Electric utility construction a plus;
• Setting the proper tone for site safety with knowledge of OSHA Safety standards, OSHA 10 is a minimum requirement
• On site observations for reporting, daily and monthly reports
• Fly a drone for site observations (provided by BWS)
• Account for EPC construction and equipment costs
• Manage change orders
• Document management of submittals, as-builts, RFI’s, etc.
• Interacting with onsite construction personnel
• Procure and manage QA/QC consultants
• Minimum of 10-years’ experience in managing all aspects of construction from design through to close-out.
• Preferably this experience includes at least three (3) years’ experience in civil, and/or site construction, and/or electrical, and/or PV solar, and/or other renewable Energy experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Massachusetts’s SMART program
• Knowledge of energy storage a plus
• Construction superintendent’s MA state license a plus
• Knowledge of Salesforce and/or NetSuite a plus
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to walk PV sites over potentially rough/uneven/wet/frozen site conditions