LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND COMPLIANCE TO JOIN OUR INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS TEAM
Miyamoto International is a purpose-driven firm with a mission to make the world a better, safer place. We specialize in disaster risk management and provide resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world. With an expanding portfolio of humanitarian assistance and disaster preparedness, risk mitigation and recovery programs, we are currently seeking a Director of Finance and Compliance for our international development and humanitarian assistance practice area.
Location: Washington, DC highly preferred. Other remote locations may be considered.
Job Purpose: To lead the finance and compliance operations of the International Development and Humanitarian Assistance practice area. This includes, delivering user-focused financial services including budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and financial management systems. Create a strong control environment with a particular focus on compliance.
- Collaborate closely with the Principal – International Development, CFO and CEO to develop and implement a robust financial strategy, ensuring key financial risks are identified and managed.
- Analyze the financial performance of the practice area in coordination with the office of the CFO and build reports for the executive team.
- Lead the practice area’s budgeting, forecasting, and reporting process providing the right framework and tools. Build leadership dashboards consolidation budgets and other relevant financial data from various parts of the practice area to provide leadership with accurate and timely data.
- Lead the finance team to provide relevant and valued global finance operational support and training to Regional Managers and project teams in financial accounts, controls, compliance requirements, and financial systems.
- Work with practice areas senior managers and finance staff globally to deliver regular, accurate and reliable flows of financial information as required.
- Ensure the finance team is resourced and equipped with the right tools to deliver a high quality, client-driven, and pro-active service.
- Ensure that all relevant controls are in place and in accordance with corporate financial directives.
- Provide robust and effective financial policies, processes, and controls in alignment with corporate finance and ensure compliance across the portfolio.
- Drive a culture of compliance and continuous improvement in finance compliance across the practice area.
- Support business development efforts.
- Travel internationally when necessary to provide financial and compliance oversight.
- Effectively lead and develop a global high performing team within a performance management framework.
- Ensure team ways of working are in line with Miyamoto International’s values and policies and comply with legal and organizational requirements.
- Ensure team responds positively to change, delivers a consistent high-level customer-focused approach, and achieves objectives.?
Miyamoto International is seeking the best and brightest professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader with exceptional communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Flexibility, organizational skills, project collaboration and accountability are integral components to achieving our goals. Your entrepreneurial spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward the firm’s growth. Successful candidates share our passion for helping others and strives to improve the quality of their work with each new challenge. This is an opportunity to expand your creativity and build your expertise in the field.
Miyamoto International has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy that applies to all positions.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.