Lyra Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage therapeutics company leveraging its proprietary XTreo™ platform to enable precise, sustained, local delivery of medications to diseased tissues not accessible with conventional therapeutic approaches. Lyra's XTreo™ platform is comprised of a biocompatible mesh scaffold, an engineered elastomeric matrix and a versatile polymer-drug complex. The company's current pipeline of therapeutics target tissues deep in the ear, nose and throat passages and are designed to deliver continuous drug therapy for up to six months following a single non-invasive, in-office administration. Lyra's lead product candidate, LYR-210, is entering Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) as an alternative to primary sinus surgery. Lyra's second product candidate, LYR-220, is entering Phase 2 development and is designed to be an alternative to revision CRS sinus surgery and post-surgical medical management. Headquartered in the Boston area, Lyra Therapeutics was founded by George Whitesides and Robert Langer, academic luminaries in the fields of chemistry, materials science and biotechnology.
We are currently seeking an experienced and hands-on Senior Accountant to join our Finance & Accounting team. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the month/quarter/year-end closings, including reconciliations and journal entries. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and will be a collaborative team player who enjoys working in a highly dynamic, cross-disciplinary environment.
- Responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing processes, including balance sheet and operating statement account reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, analysis, and financial reporting deliverables
- Research issues that flow through to the general ledger from subledgers and systems; interact with other departments to reconcile any issues as needed
- Analyze financial statement accounts, identify unusual trends or erroneous entries, and verify accuracy of transactions and balances
- Proactively research technical accounting and reporting matters; stay current on all pending/new accounting and SEC requirements and analyze potential impact on the Company’s financial reporting
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting
- Ensure ongoing compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls
- Prepare and provide support to quarterly and annual financial statement audit
- Assist with the preparation of SEC filings including 10-Ks and 10-Qs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive and operational accounting experience in a fast growth company; previous experience in a bio-technology environment is strongly preferred
- Exceptionally detail oriented with a commitment to a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong organization and prioritization skills that ensure challenging deadlines are met with high quality output and a commitment to achieving team and company objectives
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision; adaptable to working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated success performing and documenting monthly close processes and maintaining supporting documentation for financial transactions
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Technically savvy; experience with NetSuite, Adaptive and Paylocity a plus
At Lyra, we value creativity, leadership, and collaboration. The company sees significant expansion opportunities for our platform, and look for people who are driven to succeed, innovative, and adaptable. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package with opportunities to join a fast-paced, high performing team. For consideration, please submit cover letter and CV.