Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing day-to-day programming that serves refugee populations in the Kansas City area through the New Roots for Refugees program: a program helping refugees start their own small businesses growing and selling organically grown produce. This position will support the New Roots team by coordinating sales and deliveries of New Roots produce in the metro area. EEO.
- Make deliveries and manage logistics for all deliveries of produce through aggregated sales streams (farm share, wholesale, online orders), working closely with Sales Specialist and utilizing other staff and volunteers as needed
- Work with Sales Specialist to collect and pack orders weekly as needed
- Support farmers selling produce at farmers markets, including transportation, May- October up to two days per week
- Work with New Roots team to maintain proper food safety in accordance with food safety plan, including keeping all equipment and supplies cleaned and sanitized as needed, and monitoring quality control at produce drop-offs
- Work with New Roots team to plan events for customers to deepen engagement with the program and farmers
- Provide interpretation to farmers and staff in the off season as needed (if applicable).
- Other duties as assigned.
(The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Essential functions must be performed by the individual in the position, with or without reasonable accommodations. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Must be willing to live by the agency’s Values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self- Control and Joy
- Must be reliable, communicative, and flexible, able to consistently make deliveries on time and accommodate last minute changes as needed
- Experience or familiarity with diversified vegetable farming preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent; college hours preferred
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual; experience with refugees and immigrants preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with community partners and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Fluency in English and competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Karen, Burmese, Chin, or Swahili language fluency preferred
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of Local Food Marketplace or other sales software preferred
- Must be flexible in work schedule- some evenings, weekends and early mornings are required
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to squat, get in and out of a truck bed, set up tents and tables
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving