Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by working with New Roots for Refugees, a program helping refugees start their own small businesses growing and selling organically grown produce in Kansas City. This position will coordinate the farm share and wholesale sales outlets for New Roots farmers, responsible for planning, online sales, aggregation, and logistics of all produce aggregated sales channels. EEO.
- Recruit new customers for farm share, wholesale, and online orders; manage relationships with existing customers including creation of surveys or other tools for feedback
- Manage all online sales of produce through Local Food Marketplace
- Train farmers on how to participate in aggregated sales, including proper CSA & wholesale packing technique, schedule for orders and delivery, and use of Local Food Marketplace
- Communicate orders to farmers, collect and pack produce for delivery every week during the growing season, utilizing other staff and volunteers as needed
- Work closely with New Roots team to determine dates and times for delivery of produce
- Work with New Roots team to maintain proper food safety in accordance with food safety plan, including keeping all equipment and supplies cleaned and sanitized as needed, and monitoring quality control at produce drop-offs
- Work with farmers and staff to set annual sales goals for each sales stream
- Work with Cultivate KC staff to create a production plan for farm share and wholesale; Hold check-ins with farmers to follow up on production plan as needed
- Work with New Roots team to create/distribute a weekly newsletter and plan events for customers to deepen engagement with the program and farmers
- Provide interpretation to farmers and staff in the off season as needed (if applicable).
- Other duties as assigned.
(The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Essential functions must be performed by the individual in the position, with or without reasonable accommodations. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Karen, Burmese, Chin, or Swahili language fluency preferred
- Combination of education and experience normally represented by a Bachelor’s Degree in sales, business, or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in providing direct service to refugees and immigrants
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is multi-cultural and multi-lingual
- Ability to interact effectively with community partners and advocate on behalf of refugee clients
- Must have competent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office programs; knowledge of Local Food Marketplace or other sales software preferred
- Experience in a sales/ customer service setting preferred
- Detail oriented and flexible- must be able to manage complex projects on a short timeline with frequent changes
- Must be flexible in work schedule- some evenings, weekends and early mornings are required
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to squat, get in and out of a truck bed, set up tents and tables
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving