Do you want to work for growing, family-owned company who is focused on providing high quality and value to its customers? Norfolk Kitchen & Bath may be the best place for you. We have experience year over year growth and continue to gain marketshare. We are driven to find the most talented designers and salespeople in the region to join our successful teams.
NKB currently operates 6 locations – Boston, Braintree and Framingham, MA and in Salem, Nashua, and Manchester, NH.
Norfolk Kitchen & Bath has been successful due mainly to the talented sales team at our locations with a focus on creating the best customer sales experience for all customer types.
We focus on our relationship with the customer and within our showrooms display the latest trends for customers to touch & feel. Norfolk is a premier distributor of Showplace cabinetry and several other quality lines for each budget. We also offer a wide range of complimentary products including countertops, tile and other building materials. In several of our locations we also offer full installation/remodeling services.
The Contractor Kitchen Sales Designer will be focused on developing sales relationships with local contractors and to secure sales for kitchen & bath projects for remodels and new construction.
If you are a kitchen and bath designer/sales professional who strives to provide the highest quality of service and design to meet the needs of our clients, please submit your resume for consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Making cold calls to contractors, builders, developers, architects and interior designers.
- Create business partnerships with contractors to grow relationships and increase sales & opportunities to quote.
- Work with contractor to gain full scope of project and develop a design and bid by visiting the property to gather all the necessary measurements, appliance specs, project information and images.
- Work with home owners and offer design suggestions based on budget established.
- Enter and track customer interactions in CRM software system.
- Meet regularly with Showroom Sales Manager to review weekly sales activities.
- Develop presentation for the contractor to highlight NKBs value proposition and capabilities
- Attends networking events and trade associations
- Determines and offers the appropriate credit program based on customer’s needs.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by assisting with take-offs and communicating scheduling and delivery commitments.
- Requires a significant amount of travel: 60 – 70% on the road.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess a “hunter” mentality.
- Team focused with strong ability to work collaboratively with Designers in assigned location.
- Ability to develop strong, long lasting relationships with customers.
- Sales ability - skilled at cold calling without becoming discouraged by rejection.
- Flexible and adaptive with the ability to offer solutions to customer problems in the moment.
- Strong follow through.
- Desire to probe into situations and uncover opportunities that may not be obvious.
- Extensive knowledge of kitchen cabinet design, product offerings and related vendors
- Ability to create designs within 20/20 software
- Clear, professional communication skills both verbal and written
- High level of organization and project management abilities
- Ability to foster a team environment, motivate and teach
- Aptitude for calculations (measurements, gross profit)
- Proficient with Microsoft applications including Calendar, Word, Excel and working within a shared folder setup.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years experience designing kitchen and bath projects
- 5+ years of relationship sales experience
- Proven achievement in meeting sales goals and team goals
- Experience designing in 2020 or similar program
- Tech savvy and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Valid driver’s license and able to travel to customer sites for measurements
- Able to stoop, stand, walk, climb as needed for job tasks
- May be in contact with machinery and work hazards associated with construction sites
- Able to articulate, write, read English
- Able to sit and work with PC/laptop on related work