Job Summary: Southwest Microwave, Inc. (SMI) is a leading global provider of high performance outdoor perimeter security systems and interconnect products for microwave and millimeter wave applications. This position will provide technical and engineering support to advance our systems in support of current and new business needs.
Job Duties: Minimum job duties include the following.
- Plans, assesses, and proactively monitors platform and environment to meet performance and availability metrics.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures firmware and software configuration are in place, and monitors performance of specific areas under primary responsibility by proactively taking preemptive measures to minimize interruptions.
- Responsible for technical and engineering related compliance and cybersecurity.
- Documents actions performed in order to provide an auditable record.
- Performs complex diagnostics and troubleshooting in support of designated platforms.
- Demonstrates competency in network protocols, security, routing, switching, and firewall technologies, server OS, enterprise storage and backup, and virtualization.
- Position requires independent judgment and decision-making, especially related to diagnostics and troubleshooting with enterprise applications and infrastructure.
- Produces quality written and verbal communications/presentations to business areas and senior leadership.
- Performs primary and secondary highly technical application or product support.
- May perform technical and/or project leadership for small-to-medium sized projects.
- Actively participates in training and skill development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate shall possess a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or equivalent experience.
- Because of the confidential, sensitive nature of information handled, successful completion of a background check is required.
Education: Any combination of training or education equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, such as Engineering (3 - 5 years).
Physical demands: Able to sit for prolonged periods of time.