Security ensures the safety and security of Port of Everett properties and facilities. This position is assigned to the graveyard, generally on Tuesday and Wednesday, and may cover the work shifts of regular employees on an as-needed basis when a regular employee is not available.
This position is primarily assigned to the Port's Marina, but may be assigned shifts at the Port's Marine Terminals:
- Maintain a working knowledge of marina policies, regulations and event schedules.
- Assist marina customers and enforce marina policies and regulations.
- Monitor Parking lots for safety, security and enforcement of parking regulations.
- Represent the Port to the public in a positive manner. Respond in a positive and helpful manner to customers and visitors, answering questions, handling requests and resolving problems as appropriate.
- Perform routine security checks of offices, property and parking lots. Ensure that Port facilities are secured from trespass. Document work activity and incidents clearly and concisely. Assure a smooth transition and information exchange between security shifts.
- Respond to emergencies as appropriate, and direct vehicles and personnel to proper location(s). Keep Port management informed of all emergencies and other reportable incidents.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Marine Terminals Facilities Security Plan (FSP). Maintain secure Marine Terminals gate operations to meet the regulatory requirements of the FSP and ensure that visitors are properly escorted to authorized areas.
- Provide general support to insure facility safety and the smooth operation of the Port in the absence of other Port personnel (evenings and weekends). Depending on duty station, duties may include, but are not limited to: identification checks, screening and directing in-bound deliveries, logging ship arrivals and departures, noting damage to facilities, spotting vessels at pier side, installing and removing vessel phones, controlling flood lighting, raising and lowering flags, and shutting off power or water in emergency situations, or blocking off unsafe areas in the absence of Maintenance or other Port personnel.
- Complete nightly mail pick-ups, mail deliveries, and make bank deposits as assigned.
- Attend trainings, drills, exercises and meetings that support security activities, and maintain required certifications of training.
OTHER MONTHLY JOB DUTIES
- Provide assistance with special projects, tasks and other duties as assigned.
Position Open until filled.
Preferred Work Experience:
- One (1) year related work experience with an emphasis on dispatch, first responder, safety committees, security camera operations and monitoring, Homeland Security activities, customer service, and community relations.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Associate’s degree in law enforcement or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Knowledge and experience with U.S. Coast Guard regulations for Marine Terminal security operations.
- Knowledge and experience using personal computers and wireless communications devices. Functional knowledge of computer programs such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos in English. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, clients and coworkers.
- Valid driver’s license, and insurability under the Port of Everett auto insurance plan.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Physical and Working Conditions:
Incumbents must be physically able to perform each essential duty of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.