Job Title: Research Engineer
Reports to: Senior Director of Research
As a market leader in Mobile Application Security Testing, Kryptowire’s proactive mobile security solutions ensure a higher level of security and privacy for mobile apps and mobile devices. The Kryptowire platform provides automated vulnerability and compliance testing (OWASP, GDPR, and NIAP) for individuals, enterprises, and nations to ensure security, privacy, and compliance across life stages and end-user networks.
We are seeking a Research Engineer to assist with the design and development of automated security analysis solutions for Android and iOS. In this role, you will be expected to conduct novel research and develop cutting-edge technologies to automatically analyze and detect security issues in mobile platforms and binaries.
We are a small and scrappy team, working in some of the best cities in the US and beyond, with a passion for Mobile Security - join us if you are excited about making an impact in a high-growth space!
What you will do in this role:
- Develop novel tools for identifying potential security weaknesses and threat vectors in mobile apps and firmware.
- Research emerging trends in the mobile application security landscape, e.g., as outlined in National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) security standards.
- Develop automated mobile security and privacy vetting solutions, including vulnerability identification and static/dynamic bitcode and native code analysis.
To be successful, we need someone in this role who has a majority of:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in research and development of code analysis tools
- 4+ years of macOS/iOS/Android development.
- Hands-on experience developing automated static/dynamic binary analysis solutions.
- Hands-on experience working with iOS/macOS/Android internals.
- Familiarity with binary rewriting and instrumentation techniques.
- macOS/iOS/Android reverse engineering skills.
- ARM reverse engineering skills.
- Experience in some of the following: Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift, C/C++, Python, Shell, Linux.
- Experience working with stakeholders of projects to understand and drive feature requirements.
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code products (such as Terraform).
- Experience managing/interfacing with cloud infrastructure (Azure is a plus).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kryptowire is committed to maintaining a diverse workforce, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.