We are not your typical financial advisor, and we are not looking for the typical candidate. We are a team of authentic, humble, passionate, reliable, dedicated, and compassionate individuals. Our goal is to find and reward great people that support our collaborative work environment. Our passion for providing industry-leading service to our clients is what drives us. We are looking for team members that can make us even better!
For almost three decades, Dowling & Yahnke has been part of a revolution in wealth management that has now spread throughout the industry — independent, transparent, and world-class financial advice driven by personal relationships and free of competing incentives.
We started our firm for a simple reason — it was the right thing to do. While others have copied our model, we continue to lead the way through a commitment to continuous education, a time-tested and academically supported investment philosophy, and unwavering dedication of excellence to our clients.
For these reasons, Dowling & Yahnke is one of the largest independent, fee-only wealth advisory firms in San Diego, managing approximately $4 billion for more than 1,000 clients. We serve high-net-worth clients by offering objective financial planning advice and investment management services.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced Paraplanner to join our team, reporting to the Director of Financial Planning. The Paraplanner will work closely with our Financial Planners and Advisors in a team-based setting and will be a critical element of our Firm’s growth initiative. The Paraplanner is expected to make a direct impact to the business by supporting Advisors and Financial Planners in developing customized personal financial solutions for new and existing clients.
• Input data into financial planning software, including constructing and updating financial planning analyses, and identifying issues and opportunities for discussion with Financial Planners and Advisors.
o Areas of emphasis include financial goals and retirement needs analysis, Social Security and Medicare planning, education planning, tax projections, charitable planning, insurance planning needs, executive compensation and stock option analysis, estate planning, and cash flow analysis.
• Research ad-hoc financial planning questions.
• Meeting preparation and follow-up client services including working directly with team members and clients to gather all required data, prepare analyses, and follow up on delivery of analyses to clients.
• Compile, enter, and monitor CRM workflows related to client financial planning requests.
• Communicate and work collaboratively with Financial Planners and Advisors throughout the planning process to ensure that financial planning analyses are completed accurately and promptly.
• Become a subject matter expert, staying current on planning issues, communicating updates to staff, and contributing content to the Firm’s website.
• Assist with development and presentation of training programs for internal staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) designation, or currently working toward completion, required.
• One to three years of paraplanner and/or financial planning experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration or related field required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and client relationship management (CRM) software (Salesforce preferred).
• Proficiency with financial planning, Social Security analysis, and tax projection software; MoneyGuide Pro, eMoney and BNA Income Tax Planner / CFS Tax Tools expertise a plus.
• Solid understanding of personal financial planning and income tax issues.
• Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork valued.
• Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to details required.
• Entrepreneurial-minded approach to business; small/midsize company experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
This position is non-exempt and is paid according to the laws of the State of California.
Dowling & Yahnke offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package and profit sharing plan. The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Dowling & Yahnke, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. No relocation assistance is offered for this position; candidates not residing in San Diego County, CA will be responsible for relocation at their own expense. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.