Join the team at Partner Veterinary. We’re seeking urgent care veterinarian's who is eager to join our team!
Partner Veterinary’s leadership team has a reputation for building and retaining happy, healthy teams. We aim to give more professionals a healing environment to do the job they love. This means nurturing each team member’s emotional well-being and career potential with structured support models.
Our team is building Partner Veterinary from the ground up, rethinking every detail and leveraging proven operational models to create a healing environment and have a lasting, positive impact on the profession. We are passionate about building an environment where team members want to stay, thus we do not utilize noncompete agreements.
With our team-centered approach, we recognize that every team member’s time is valuable and their skillset unique. Therefore, our shared goal is for ALL doctors in ALL departments to have the tools and support necessary to practice an excellent standard of care in their area of expertise and to have a work-life balance that lends itself to sustainability and happiness.
We’re excited to have taken our first step on this mission by opening our Urgent Care April 1, 2022. PVUC is adding multiple Urgent Care doctors to this Richmond, VA location!
Partner Veterinary Urgent Care operates under oversight of Partner Veterinary’s two Chief Medical Officers, Dr. Anne Abernethy -ER Doctor and Dr. Emma Evans – boarded Criticalist, both of whom will be working clinical shifts alongside the team.
Partner Veterinary is founded and wholly focused on team well-being: we recognize that doctors are burning out in the current climate. Our approach to creating an environment which balances excellent patient care with optimal doctor and team efficiency includes:
- Commitment to on-boarding and ongoing training and mentorship
- Predictable schedule and the ability to leave shifts on time, without compromising patient or client care
- Appointment-based model that will emphasize appropriate urgent care case selection, lending control and predictability to the daily schedule
- Client Care Advocate to help facilitate client communications
- Well trained Scribes to perform clerical work
- Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet system
- Extensive bank of medical templates and protocols
Our case selection will focus on non-critical outpatient emergency cases. The case variety will allow team members to maintain engagement and to be challenged.
Cases may include- but are not limited to:
- Skin lacerations
- Bite wounds
- Allergic reactions
- Ear infections
- Eye and skin issues
Hospital Equipment and Software Includes:
- In-House Lab Equipment
- Digital Radiology
- Digital cytology
- Emergency ultrasound
- Multi-parameter anesthetic monitoring equipment
- Smartboard technology
- Integrated EMR and digital treatment sheet software
A Partner Urgent Care Doctor should support and reinforce PVUC’s mission to improve the veterinary landscape through a transformative approach. By utilizing the resources and support provided to you, we aim to exceed industry standards and to promote healing for you, your teammates, your patients, and pet families.
If you want to practice the highest standard of care with our skilled team of dedicated doctors, that supports an atmosphere of work life balance, we want to hear from you!
Why Work for Partner Veterinary Urgent Care (PVUC)
Our mission statement is our commitment to our team: “Doing our part to improve the veterinary landscape and pioneer a transformative approach to team health and happiness, creating a healing environment for ourselves and our partners, pet families, and patients.”
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Virginia
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and pet families
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Professional demeanor and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- Clinical experience in emergency medicine or general practice, or completion of a rotating or specialty internship
- Note: *Will consider new graduates, provided there is commitment to continued professional development and the individual is receptive to mentorship.