The Cost Accountant is a smart and passionate financial professional with manufacturing experience, who will be responsible for assessing business expenses and preparing optimized budget plans at Nanotronics, as it develops the world's most technologically advanced inspection and factory control solutions. This position will be responsible for reviewing financial records, researching the market rate for key business costs and adjusting the company ledger to accurately reflect balance sheets.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who work well with in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
Relocation is available with this role.
This position might be eligible for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program.
Salary Range: $80-90k per year
A Note About Salary Ranges: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
- Collect and analyze data about operational costs
- Develop and analyze cost standards for existing and new products and services
- Set standard costs of manufactured goods
- Establish costs of business processes such as administration, labor, shipping, technical service, etc.
- Prepare audit reports and presenting their findings to management
- Work with operations and engineering to recommend changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit
- Advise executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data
- Provide support for invoicing and capital expenditure
- Leasing and warranty pricing
- Account variance analysis
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Coordinate with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development such as production, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, receiving, shipping, etc.
- Project manage cycle count/physical inventories
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts by customer type by division
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in connection with cost analyses and profitability
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules and others
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management
- Work on special projects, as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Project management skills
- Strong organizational and communicational skills
- Detail oriented
- Work independently under minimal supervision
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3or more years of related experience in manufacturing is required
- Knowledge of SAP required
- CPA/CMA preferred but not required
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Big 4 (PwC, Deloitte, KPMG, EY) experience a plus
What We Offer:
- Catered lunches every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including free dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance for you
- 401(k) match
- Bright Horizons child/elder care benefits
- Employer HSA contribution
- Possible eligibility for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to C-level management
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
Please apply here. After submitting your application, our review process will begin with a review of your resume. If you meet or exceed the education, experience and required skills above, or demonstrate an equivalent to these things, you will be invited to participate in a phone interview. A successful phone interview will result in interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision about hiring will be made.
What is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale factory control solutions. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The essential functions of all positions at Nanotronics include a physical presence in the workplace, including but not limited to, in-person interactions with other employees, customers, and the community. Therefore, in accordance with Nanotronics’ duty to safeguard the health of our current employees and new hires, their families, our customers and visitors, our business and the community at large from COVID-19, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination and new hires must present proof of vaccination prior to their first day as a condition of employment. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Why We Work In The Office
Our culture is built on innovation, quality and collaboration. We believe that working together and among other departments in person supports a sense of community, connection and belonging. So much of our communication as individuals is nonverbal—easier to discern and appreciate when we’re physically together. This synchrony not only gives us the power to innovate, but it helps us foster empathy, learning, and engagement. We want you to be a part of impromptu ideas dreamed and decisions made as people cross paths; to be in the right place at the right time to contribute your perspective; to look around and take pride in the diverse group of people with whom you work; to be seen by others when you’re recognized for a job well-done; and to look around, see things and help us build the best products and workplace we can. Our fast-paced environment pivots quickly, and we don’t want you to miss a thing.
You’ll Make a Great Nanotron If
- You are passionate about science, engineering, technology, and AI
- You are looking for a challenge
- You collaborate well with others
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn, and excited to contribute
Visit our press page to learn more.
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Nanotronics makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.