Our after-school program is in need of positive and caring Learning Guides (Teacher Aide) to help unleash the potential of our students. Your primary duty will be to supervise the students and provide learning support and guidance. The successful applicant should be ready to assist the Lead Learning Guide and Site Team Leader with the development and implementation of education plans as well as identify and solve issues with the educational, social and emotional development of students. The Learning Guide should be committed to developing meaningful relationships with students, providing constructive feedback to help them grow and improve. You must have strong communication skills, as you will be expected to interact with peers, parents, students and educational authorities. The ideal candidate will be understanding, patient and attentive to student needs.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate degree in Education, Management, Child Development or related field preferred;
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in direct work with youth and families (ex. working with youth at church or school, volunteering with youth, childcare, coaching);
- Must be passionate about the development and well-being of children as well as extensive patience;
- Must be someone who is flexible, dependable, and stable. Must be able to handle a high stress environment and still interact appropriately;
- Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work with large and diverse groups of students and adults;
- Must be able to bend, move, lift, sit on the floor, and be energetic and active for the entire after-school program;
- Able to manage multiple priorities, detail-oriented, with a strong work ethic;
- Strong critical thinking and problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher preferred;
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
Starting Pay: $14.50 per hour