At Pivotal Analytics, we strive to transform strategic decision making in Healthcare by placing the best available data and innovative analytics at our user’s fingertips at nation-wide scale. Our map-based SaaS platform, Pivotal, allows healthcare providers and real estate professionals to gather healthcare related insights on a local market anywhere within the United States, share that information to break down organizational silos, and use it to enable decision-making on where and how to deliver care needed by the local population now and in the future.
We work as a cross-functional team of collaborators that enjoy solving complex problems and are comfortable with challenging each other’s ideas on the path to discover the best solution for our customers. We are looking for a Data Visualization Designer to join our Product Development Team to help transform data into actionable insights that empower our users to make smart business decisions. The ideal candidate will have experience interpreting data and presenting it visually using various methods from analytical dashboards to geospatial visualizations. They are comfortable working in an agile setting, collaborating with the product and engineering teams to ensure the solution brings value to our customers and moves us towards realizing our long-term vision. They know how to strike the right balance between collaboration and advocacy for the importance of the compelling design.
- Partner with product, business analysts, data scientists, and engineers to understand the business questions our customers have and the data that drives the insights
- Visualize data in innovative ways to communicate complex concepts that tell a story in a simple way through graphs, charts, infographics, dashboards, and geographic visualization techniques
- Partake in user interviews to gather feedback and develop insights to turn them into design concepts; validate designs using a variety of customer-driven methods
- Partake in concept sessions and rapidly produce prototypes using sketches, mockups, and BI visualization tools
- Provide continuous design support around in software development lifecycle
- Advocate for and own the consistency of the design implementation as part of the product development process
- Support occasional customer deliverables requiring data visualizations
An ideal candidate will have:
- Strong conceptual thinking with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Five years of experience with graphics design, data visualization, geo-spatial mapping tools, data analysis software
- B2B, SaaS experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in social/behavioral discipline, human computer interaction, computer science, data science, graphic design, or related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and planning skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with PowerBI, Mapping API tools, and experience in using open-source data visualization tools. Mapbox and Figma Experience are a plus.
- The ability to scope, estimate and prioritize efforts