Who We Are
SmartRent is a venture-backed, B2B SaaS company that develops innovative smart home solutions for property managers, community staff, and residents of multifamily and single family homes.
We’re doing big things in the proptech world! SmartRent has been recognized as the winner of HousingWire’s Tech100 Real Estate awards for the most innovative tech company serving the mortgage and real estate industries; named #1 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Arizona” Awards for 2021; and recognized as a Silver Stevie Winner for Contact Center of the Year in the technology sector—and we’re just getting started.
The Materials Director directs and oversees Smartrent’s material management policies, objectives, and initiatives. Specifically owning the areas of receiving, storage, manufacturing, and distribution of materials and products according to company needs and customer requirements.
- Directs production and inventory control, shipping and receiving, and materials storage.
- Directs production planning and scheduling based on sales forecasts.
- Maintains inventory levels to ensure deliveries occur within customer timelines.
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of the perpetual inventory system.
- Works with purchasing department to schedule delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Oversees shipping and receiving functions related to purchased parts and finished goods.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce transportation costs and charges.
- Manages and monitors storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Performs write-offs on damaged or obsolete inventory to reflect the accurate value of inventory.
- Establishes procedures for conducting and valuing year-end physical inventory.
- Establishes and owns preventative maintenance for warehouse equipment and warehouse facilities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff.
- Experience with International Logistics and Hazardous Materials
- Proficient with warehouse management systems and inventory reporting systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite especially Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or equivalent years of experience
- Five years of experience in materials control field is required.
- Netsuite ERP experience
- Salesforce experience
We Put Our Employees First
We provide 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, unlimited PTO (because we know how important work-life balance is), and competitive 401k and employee stock purchase plans to invest in your future. You’ll fit right in if you’re:
- A motivated self-starter
- Driven to learn and become an expert in your domain
- A problem-solver who likes to think outside the box
- Passionate about smart tech and the real estate industry
- A team-player who likes to collaborate