The CNC Machinist/Senior CNC Machinist is responsible for working with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery from programming to operation to produce parts and tools from metal, plastic or other materials. Must possess a deep understanding of Computer Numeric Controlled equipment. This role will work closely with our prototyping and design team. The ideal candidate will work well with in fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Salary Range: $25-30 per hour
A Note About Salary Ranges: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
- Produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a CNC Mill and/or CNC Lathe
- Read and understand CNC programs, layouts and drawings
- Inspect machined parts
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Complete daily production/quality logs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawing
- Ability to use inspection tools (micrometers, calipers, gauges) as needed
- Ability to hold tight tolerances
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Programming experience/knowledge is helpful, Autodesk Fusion 360 is a plus
- Able to lift materials not exceeding 75lbs
Education and Experience
- 2-year vocational degree in machining field and/or equivalent experience and education
- Minimum 4 years of work-related experience
- Experience with Haas controllers is a plus
- This position will occasionally require the use of a half-faced, tight-fitting respirator.
- This position is located in Hollister, CA.
- There is no remote work option