Asurint is hiring Site Reliability Engineers to help build and run a world-class DevOps culture and practice. The Site Reliability Engineer will support the orchestration of applications, development tooling and deployment pipelines for the industry’s leading platform to verify every hire.
Asurint is building the leading technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Our proprietary platforms and technologies create comprehensive background screening services that meet the needs of businesses and government entities. Our efficient turnaround time, accuracy, pricing, and compliance distinguish us as leaders in the market.
Guided by our values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are the norm. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and intellectual curiosity. We believe servant leadership, teamwork, and respect for each other lead to superior results. We invest in our people through learning and development and ensure appropriate support systems exist for advancement and growth. We focus relentlessly on our customers to provide world class product and support.
About the Role:
DevOps is an emerging culture for us. The SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) role is a critical engineering position for Asurint.
We are seeking a strong engineer that can implement and support our cloud infrastructure in support of our continuous delivery vision. This is a hands-on role that requires a balance of knowledge in both software development and operations. Much of the software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
Success in this role is based on the outcomes achieved in our abilities to rapidly test, build, deploy and monitor our software environments.
- Implements designed continuous delivery pipelines in a dynamic, growing DevOps environment
- Implements and engineers software development and deployment tooling with an orientation towards CI/CD
- Automates infrastructure that enables efficient builds, testing, deployments, and monitoring
- Employs Infrastructure as Code [IaC] best practices and concepts
- Ensure security development practices are followed and mitigates vulnerabilities introduced via CI/CD
- Maintains network awareness by understanding of how CI/CD may impact the network
- Responds to outages with prompt and efficient resolution and communicates issues to via the proper support channels
- Participates in on-call support of a 24x7 production environment
- Other duties as required
- Representing DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure to the broader engineering organization via guilds, etc
- Experience in automating infrastructure is required, experience in with Terraform and/or Ansible is preferred
- Experience with full stack software development on web applications is strongly preferred
- Experience in Git required
- Experience with networking and security is required
- Experience automating with scripting languages [Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell] is required
- Experience with Linux administration is required
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred
- Experience with background screening is preferred
Preferred experience with many of the following or similar concepts/technologies
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, GitLab CI, Concourse
- Infrastructure Automation – Ansible, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Container Concepts – Docker, Docker Compose
- Orchestration Engines - Kubernetes, Swarm
- Cloud platforms – GCP (strongly preferred), AWS, Azure
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required
- Years of relevant experience: 2 to 5 years is preferred
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs such as Pluralsight subscription
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer