BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation based in Boston, MA on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on developing, constructing and managing community solar projects, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people looking for individuals to help us build the right team to support us in meeting our goals.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a part-time Engineer who will report to the Senior Director of Utility and Technical Services. This Engineer will help the project development team, specifically the Interconnection team, gain a better understanding of solar (and storage) project system design by creating analyzable databases. The enhanced understanding is intended to increase the efficiency of site acquisition, interconnection, permitting, construction, and commissioning.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create a database, within or linked to Salesforce, of project features and one-line diagrams in reverse chronological order.
• Categorize projects and one-line diagrams to allow easy mapping of future projects with type of one-line diagrams
• Create utility specific checklists on one-line diagrams and system design considerations/preferences in reverse chronological order
• Create database of equipment, costs and project features in reverse chronological order
• Create database of storage hardware and software with salient features
• Undergraduate in Electrical Engineering (3rd year upwards)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Must have high organization skills, detail orientation
• Must take initiative and be comfortable with dynamic refinement of task objectives