ANS is seeking a Senior Network Engineer in Chantilly, VA. This person will be responsible for installing, configures, and supports an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), the customer's internet network, and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Maintains network hardware and software.
- Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Ensures that plans for hardware and communications are adequate.
- Develops and implements methodologies for analysis, installation and support of voice communications systems.
- Provides support in the translation of business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video) requirements, designs and orders.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Monitor the performance of computer systems and networks.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Configure, and test hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Perform operator-level maintenance on components for network management systems.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph required.
- Six (6) years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree.
- Security+ CE or equivalent IAT Level II Certification required.
Here at ANS, you will have access to a variety of technology experts in today’s innovative technologies with opportunities to enhance your skills in our on-site Technology Innovation Center. Members of our team design and develop the next generation of enterprise networks creating solutions that protect our National assets, critical systems and our way of life. We are looking for thinkers, people that want to be all they can be, dedicating themselves to the mission, while striving to create innovative solutions and real outcomes that will always exceed our customers and clients expectations. If you are tired of being just a number and want to work for a company that values you skill set, let's have a conversation!
ANS offers excellent compensation along with a generous benefits package to include:
- Family medical, dental and vision coverage
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid holidays
- 401K plan with Company match
- Generous Professional Development allowance
- 100% Employer paid Short and Long Term Disability
- 100% Employer paid life insurance
- Lucrative Referral Bonus'
- Potential for Paid overtime
- Flexible Work Schedules
Applied Network Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.