“We have yet to make our best bottle of wine.” This philosophy of constant improvement at Silver Oak and Twomey applies to everyone and everything we do, from grape to glass, production to sales and marketing. We live and breathe a company culture focused on a healthy work-life balance, positive thinking, collaboration, going above and beyond, education, safety and a sense of curiosity. Working at Silver Oak and Twomey comes with many benefits, but none as great as coming to work and feeling valued as a member of the family. Full time employment offers a competitive benefit and healthcare package; and of course, the wine country lifestyle! Silver Oak Cellars was recently recognized as the Grand Champion of the Best in Benefits in the wine industry for 2 consecutive years.
Twomey is focused on winemaking through excellence and sustainability. We source fruit from some of the best AVA’s and vineyard sites in California.
Our facility in Healdsburg makes a variety of site-driven Pinot Noirs from Russian River Valley, Santa Lucia Highlands and the Sonoma Coast as well as Sauvignon Blanc from Napa Valley and Sonoma. Our Philo facility produces a regional Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, two distinct single vineyard bottlings, and a Rose of Pinot Noir. We ferment in small 2 to 7-ton fermenters and vinify around 100 lots of Pinot Noir each season.
We usually begin harvesting in early August and work into November. We work up to 6 days a week together with long hours, and you must be available to work in physically demanding environment, assisting in all facets of the winemaking process.
We are a small group, so we have only one shift and work as a team. We love what we do, have fun doing it, and most importantly take pride in the quality of work and the wines we create. Harvest is a wonderful time of year for us to share ideas with the new people we meet from all different types of backgrounds and cultures.
We have positions available at both our Healdsburg and Philo locations.
- · Perform all cellar duties during vintage including pump-overs, punchdowns, additions, sampling, checking fermentations, and shoveling pomace.
- Help with fruit processing, press operation, and wine movements such as racking, topping, and filling barrels.
- · Clean and sanitize all equipment.
- · Assists where required during busy crush season.
- · Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within shifting priorities with enthusiasm.
· Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to calculate figures.
· Acute attention to detail.
· Valid driver’s license accepted by the state of California.
· Walk, kneel, bend, and stand.
· Lift up to 35-50 pounds.
· Move, roll, and/or lift 60-gallon wine barrels when needed.
· Ability to work at heights, i.e. catwalks.
· Work extended hours on your feet.
· Work in a cool, temperature-controlled cellar or outside in the elements. Stand and walk on concrete floors, ladders, wet floors, catwalks, or uneven ground.
· May be asked to enter permit required confined space.
The above reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.