Safety Management Group is seeking a Field Safety Representative in Mt. Vernon, IN
The key function of a Field Safety Representative is to implement the on-site CSMP (Contractor Safety Management Program) for our Global Manufacturing Client. The associate in this role will be required to live in or relocate to the area permanently for this 3+ year contract.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
• Timely response to EHSS incidents involving 3rd party contractors
• Including but not limited to Incident reports, pictures, witness statements, etc.
• Immediately communicate with field personnel or management as needed for resolution of EHSS and Life Saving Rules violations. (Note: This may also include making the decision to STOP WORK.)
• Conduct field safety audits on a daily or project-based schedule
• Input and track audit findings to closure
• Assist Contractor Safety Leader with RCA’s, 5-why, etc.
• Serve as back-up for TCON (badge system) and orientation
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Construction, Engineering or related field preferred but not required (related/comparable work experience)
• Minimum experience 2 years in a plant or construction-related environment
• Have or ability to obtain OSHA 500/501
• Experience with 29 CFR 1926, 1910, 1904 including field audit experience
• JSA and LOTO experience
• Knowledge in rigging, scaffolding, fall protection, crane and other large construction equipment
All roles are required to work M-F 40 hours per week on the MTV Site, observing client holiday schedule. A rotation shall be established so that off-hours and weekend calls are covered. In the event, the call requires site presence by SMG an onsite response time of ~ 2 hours is required. Turn-around/mini outages hours may include extended work schedule/shifts.
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.