We are seeking a dedicated production coordinator to expedite material to production assemblers based off a shipping objective, transact and pull material as required to fill shortages of orders in production. Coordinate and report any delivery delays between production staff and management. The coordinator must have excellent communication skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting operations deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Facilitating Work Orders
1. Coordinate efficient flow of materials and finished goods into and out of the production department to achieve annual company OTD goal of 95%.
2. Reserves and issues parts real-time as discrepancies are discovered.
3. Evaluate labor and capacity to determine daily and weekly schedules and report to production manager.
4. Coordinate with planning, logistics and quality to move parts to the appropriate assembler for OTD.
5. Ensures correct work order and clocked time is properly tracked.
6. Verify the warehouse pull contains the right parts, the right quantity and issue a FPY if required.
7. Check the revision of the drawings per the BOM to ensure the part is produced to the correct revision.
8. Complete MO close-out notifications within two hours of receipt.
9. Comply with all safety procedures to ensure proper protective equipment usage such as safety glasses, ear plugs, respirators/dust masks, etc.
1. Work with purchasing and planning to learn when parts will be delivered for builds.
2. Identify material shortages in ERP and promptly notify planning, procurement, and production manager so the appropriate actions can be taken.
1. Work with direct manager to set and maintain a personal development plan to continue and grow skills and abilities.
2. Identify process improvements with the goal of increasing efficiency in the production process and elevate to Production Manager.
3. Clean, sweep, remove trash and set workstation to ensure tools are in their proper location and the area is clean for the next job.
4. Identify daily safety, quality, delivery cost issues and report to management in the daily Huddle Board meetings.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Previous expediting experience strongly preferred.
• Previous experience working in planning or warehousing strongly preferred.
• Working knowledge of Quantum or other ERP system.
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Must have strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.