Purpose and Scope
St. Timothy has multiple openings for the position of Daycare Aide. The Daycare Aide will work with Director of the Children’s Center and Lead Daycare Worker to ensure all children are cared for in a manner that reflects the New Evangelization as well as meets all Diocesan and state rules and regulations. In addition, the aide will participate in planning and supervising daily and long-range activities, give children undivided attention, participate in education of infants and toddlers and complete parent communication documentation as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Work under the direction and supervision of the Lead Teacher.
- Monitor and supervise children.
- Instruct appropriate age groups with the teachings/prayers of the Catholic Church.
- Ensure and assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy environment.
- Adhere to all state requirements regarding care, environment, documentation, etc.
- Adhere to assigned work schedule or obtain replacement as needed.
- Immediately inform Lead and Director of any schedule changes (i.e., name of replacement).
- Assist with maintaining proper supplies in assigned room.
- Maintain and foster positive and constructive interaction with children and parents.
- Resolve concerns addressed by parents and/or refer to Director of the Children’s Center for assistance.
- Demonstrate leadership role at the Children’s Center.
- Attend and participate in regular department meetings.
- Maintain a welcoming Christian environment in the Children’s Center by treating all with dignity and respect.
- Work cooperatively with St. Timothy Staff.
- Adhere to the dress code which is determined by the Director of the Children’s Center.
- Complete 18 hours of training per year.
- Participate in Diocesan & Parish annual Safe Environment Training.
- Adhere to personnel practices of the Diocese of Phoenix and applicable parish policies and procedures.
- Any task deemed necessary by the Director of the Children’s Center, Pastor or his delegate.
- Job performance will be reviewed within the first 3 months of employment, then on a yearly basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong communication skills, patience and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Understand responsibilities of mandated reporting.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, stand 95% of the day, assume postures in low levels that allow contact with children; bend, stoop, kneel, sit on the floor, and can move from a seated position to a standing position promptly to respond to emergency situations.
- Registered Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Current certification in child first aid and CPR.
- Meet or exceed state licensing regulations: 18 years of age or older plus a minimum of three months daycare experience with infants and/or toddlers. Some coursework or certification in infant and toddler daycare preferred.
- Prior to hire, must provide documentation of current negative T.B. test result.
To apply, please submit a resume or application to: firstname.lastname@example.org