At Springbuk, we’re a team of highly driven, team-oriented self-starters. We work hard—and win big—while crafting a high-energy, inspiring company culture. We aspire to challenge old ways of thinking and impact real change in the healthcare industry. Our team is on a mission to prevent disease with data. Interested?
A Senior Software Engineer at Springbuk provides technical leadership on their team and across the company by building great software and being an example for other engineers. You’ll be contributing code daily, but you’ll also work with Product Management to shape the product and with other top engineers to shape the platform. If this sounds like you, explore the job specifics below. You might be exactly who we’re looking for, and we’d love to get in touch!
- Design and build high-quality features for the Springbuk health intelligence platform
- Keep the code healthy, fix bugs, debug and troubleshoot
- Write automated unit and integration tests
- Collaborate with your team to break down, refine, and estimate tasks
- Review code of other engineers and provide constructive feedback
- Collaborate with technical leaders to improve the architecture of the platform
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to improve process and encourage healthy habits
- Mentor other engineers and share your wisdom
A successful candidate will have
- 5+ years of experience in professional software development
- Full-stack understanding of web applications
- Understanding of continuous delivery: we ship code to production several times a day
- Deep experience in one or more parts of our stack: React, Ruby on Rails, Python, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- If you have deep experience in something similar (Angular, C#, MySQL, etc.) we should still talk
- Ability to diagnose performance problems in code and knowledge of how to improve performance
- Understanding of good database practices including data modeling and query tuning
- Experience working on an agile team: sprints, issue tracking, version control, QA, etc.
Even Better If You Have
- Experience building applications for cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and infrastructure-as-code
- Knowledge of high-scalability patterns such as asynchronous processing and event queues
- Interest or experience in data science techniques
- Experience developing and delivering software for a SaaS product
- Experience working in a dynamic scale-up company
We prefer that this position works from our Indianapolis-based headquarters, but we will discuss a remote arrangement for the right candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are unable to consider non-US based remote employees for this position at this time.