About Moody Center:
The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
Moody Center is being constructed on land owned by the University of Texas. The $338 million venue is being privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/ C3 Presents, Matthew McConaughey and The University of Texas at Austin.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe winning matters, our fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams achieve unimaginable results, honoring the culture and music history of Austin, Texas is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
Our Guest Services team will be essential in creating a safe and memorable experience for all guests at Moody Center Arena. This role requires a positive attitude, as well as a team-driven and proactive mindset. Each member of this team is responsible for proving an exceptional level of service to our guests at all arena events, including UT home basketball games, major music/entertainment events and miscellaneous special events. This position is ideal for candidates who want to immerse themselves in an exciting live entertainment/sports environment.
- Part-time position
- Shifts include nights, weekends, and holidays
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively welcome guests and assist with questions and requests
- Identify opportunities to create memorable experiences for guests
- Perform thorough ticket checks and scans to ensure valid access into arena and other ticketed areas
- Manage lines and provide directions to ticketed seats and other arena locations
- Respond to and/or escalate guest complaints, concerns, and compliments
- Assist guests with reasonable requests for accommodations, including but not limited to wheelchair escort services
- Maintain clear portals, aisles, and access paths for guests, staff, and emergency services
- Effectively communicate safety and security measures
- Reports any suspicious activity to supervisors and/or management
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building, exposure to loud noises, and standing for long periods of time.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 75% event availability commitment for April through July and 65% event availability commitment for August through December, event requirement is subject to change with notice
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Previous experience in a customer service-based industry is preferred
- Previous experience within a sports, entertainment, or related field is preferred
Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran