Applied Network Solutions, Inc. (ANS) is a technology company with extensive experience solving difficult problems or issues within the network and cyber domains. Here at ANS, you will have access to a variety of technology experts in today’s innovative technologies with opportunities to enhance your skills in our on-site Technology Innovation Center. Members of our team design and develop the next generation of enterprise networks creating solutions that protect our National assets, critical systems and our way of life. We are looking for thinkers, people that want to be all they can be, dedicating themselves to the mission, while striving to create innovative solutions and real outcomes that will always exceed our customers and clients expectations. If you think you have what it takes, then let’s talk!
ANS is currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer in Ft. Meade, MD to perform services to enable all aspects of the network to include maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of complex internetwork issues.
- Facilitate the evaluation, design, and implementation of secure, high-speed, scalable, fault-tolerant network topologies as applicable to CAN and LAN designs.
- Design, integrate, configure, deploy, test, and maintain numerous types of network devices, interfaces, and technologies.
- Participate in network solution review processes and conduct prototyping, integration, testing, and certification of solutions in a lab environment.
- Draft technical requirements, engineering documents, configuration documents, training manuals, and troubleshooting processes, updating as needed.
- Work with System engineers, customers, and cross-organizational teams to refine requirements.
- Perform Tier-3 engineering NOC support to investigate, troubleshoot, and restore any customer services outage or fault.
- Perform detailed failure analysis to determine root cause and follow-up activities.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance (e.g., capacity, margins, data quality, etc.) and dataflow management.
- Serve as a role model to less experienced personnel.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for a degree.
- CCNP or equivalent required.
- IAT level II required (Security+).
- Eight (8) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required.
- Possess strong working knowledge and understanding of network protocols and technologies, to include QoS, MPLS, VLAN, VPN, VRF, VSS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, and other dynamic protocols.
- Possess strong communication skills, as well as excellent teaming skills and a positive, customer-focused attitude.
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices – desired.
ANS offers excellent compensation along with a generous benefits package to include PTO, paid holidays, health-dental-vision-life insurance, 401K, a professional development program that exceeds industry standards and more! We focus on supporting our employees, by creating opportunities to expand your skills, and you will be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance and certification trainings. We highly encourage peer-to-peer recognition, and helping you develop the career you want.
Applied Network Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.