About Moody Center:
The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons and community.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
Operations Crew Members will report to the Operations Manager. This position will work alongside the operations team to participate in conversions, event set ups, event break downs, etc.
- Part-time position
- Shifts include nights, weekends, and holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events (setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment)
- Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met including, but not limited to, loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies
- Assist, when necessary, with pre/post event cleaning, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning, washing, carpet cleaning
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks as needed such as painting, patching, and other conversion related operational equipment
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to Operations Supervisor
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-50 pounds, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building, exposure to loud noises, and standing for long periods of time.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) to three (3) months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility, and proper use and care of hand and power tools
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Ability to follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures
- Experience operating light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, scrubbing machines or other light power-driven equipment is preferred
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule while producing accurate results
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons and others
- Ability to remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.