The Project Designer will possess design skills and knowledge. Demonstrating the ability to come up with new ways of doing things. Having a complete understanding of technology, materials and manufacturing methods. Working closely with managers, contractors ensuring to adhere to University standards and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with departments to develop scope on potential projects.
· Develop renderings for fundraising and promotion purposes.
· Develop floor plans and specifications for smaller projects.
· Review larger plan drawings and specifications for University standard compliance.
· Develop bid packages and distribute.
· Evaluate and make recommendations on contractor selection.
· Work with others to improve standard University specifications.
· Verify code compliance.
· Other duties as assigned.
Architecture Bachelors Degree.
Experience with CAD and Sketchup software.
Architecture Masters Degree.
3 plus years of similar experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to read plans and specifications.
Good communication skills.
Ability to prioritize.
Able and willing to work with student architects.
Mobile enough to traverse around all campuses and take dimensions
Office and work site conditioned and unconditioned spaces.
Commensurate with experience