American Reading Company is seeking dynamic, passionate educators well-versed in ARC solutions (e.g., ARC Core, 100 Book Challenge, and/or IRLA/ENIL) to join our team of transformative literacy coaches. The ideal candidate for the role of ARC Executive Coach has sufficient knowledge of and experience using ARC solutions to effectively lead implementations by apprenticing teachers and leaders to support high-quality literacy instruction in classrooms to achieve results. This is a remote position based in the Midwest region of the US.
Based in Blue Bell, PA, American Reading Company (ARC) is an educational services company serving over a quarter million students in 50 states, partnering with districts across the country since 1998 to foster independent reading and ensure academic success. ARC is a mission-driven company, providing language arts solutions, including the best, most diverse collections on the market in English and Spanish K-12. We are a high growth, triple bottom line (People, Planet, Profit), and 100% solar-powered organization.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Experience mentoring and/or coaching others.
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional growth.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust priorities when necessary.
- Proven efficacy in organizational and time management.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Results-oriented with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to travel on a weekly basis (full-time coaches should anticipate travel on a weekly basis—approximately 60% of total work time).
- Must live in Midwest region of the US (MI, IN, KY, OH, IA, MN, WI, IL, MO).
- Serve as a professional learning coach for district and school-level stakeholders using ARC solutions (e.g., ARC Core, 100 Book Challenge, and/or the IRLA/ENIL) to meet implementation goals and priorities.
- Apprentice educators and leaders to develop conscious competence in powerful literacy instruction and the use of data to inform decisions that result in improved student outcomes.
- Motivate adult learners by facilitating professional development (in person and remotely) that is relevant, urgent, experiential, and problem-centered, including workshops, demonstration lessons, lesson study cycles, feedback rounds, and one-to-one coaching support.
- Collaborate with educators and leaders to solve specific classroom, school, and/or district challenges through research, testing innovations, change measurement, and the scaling of improvement to close gaps.
- Identify and confront institutional practices that work against closing opportunity gaps and act with cultural competence and responsiveness in interactions and decision making.
- Cultivate relationships with colleagues in service of achieving ARC’s mission—ensuring every student is reading and writing on or above grade level.
- Spanish bilingual or multilingual.
- Master’s or advanced degree in Education.
- Personal experience implementing ARC Core and/or 100 Book Challenge.
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., experience as an administrator, teacher leader, or coach).
Why You’ll Want to Join Our Team
- The opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, in a rapidly growing, socially responsible company.
- A competitive consulting fee commensurate with experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer who greatly values our strength through diversity.
- We are a dog- and family-friendly environment.
- We are dedicated to our mission of every student in America reading on or above grade level.
- We are committed to business as a vehicle for social justice.
- No resumes will be considered without a cover letter
- No third-party applications please
- No phone calls please