Who We Are & What We Do:
If you’re looking for an exciting career opportunity, you’re in the right place. Santa Cruz County Bank is a top-rated community bank with a focus on serving the banking needs of businesses and individuals along the Central Coast, in Silicon Valley and throughout the Bay Area. We engage in impactful volunteering and support the greater economic vitality within our tri-county reach. Our success is due to our amazing team of exceptional, experienced, knowledgeable, and success-oriented employees.
We’ve been recognized with numerous community leadership awards and our team gives 500+ hours of volunteer service each year. A few honors we’ve received locally, include:
- GOOD TIMES BEST OF SANTA CRUZ COUNTY Voted “Best Bank”, 10 consecutive years
- SANTA CRUZ SENTINEL READERS’ CHOICE Voted #1 Best Bank, 6th year
- SANTA CRUZ WAVES MAGAZINE Swellies Award, 4th year
- SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK Big Step and Platinum Award for Holiday Food Drive
About the Role:
As a Client Service Representative/Bank Teller, you’ll be the first person to greet our clients when entering the bank. You’ll provide friendly service while completing transactions, recommending products/services to help people meet their goals, and refer clients to other specialists at the bank when appropriate. With each transaction, you will ensure compliance with our policies, procedures and security requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: This is an entry level position into the world of banking, therefore no special experience is required. However, you have the potential to be a great fit if these terms describe you:
- Caring attitude
- Friendly & outgoing
- Comfortable working with the public
- Reliable & dependable
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude for working with new computer systems and software
- Previous cash handling experience a plus (but not required). We provide training!
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Vacation, sick leave, paid Holidays
- Paid volunteer time
- Employer paid life insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Ongoing training, professional development and career advancement opportunities
Physical Demands: Work is performed in a bank branch environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to stand, walk and sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms. Regularly required to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee must be able to work with general office equipment. Equipment used is general office equipment including computer, postage machine, fax machine, copier, cash counting & scanning equipment.
Our Recruiting Process: If your application is selected, we'll reach out to schedule a panel interview where you'll meet various members of our team; the hiring manager, HR manager, and a few other folks - we like to make sure this job will be a fit for everyone! Following the panel interview, if you are selected to continue in the process, we'll schedule an in-person interview in one of our branch locations. If you are offered and accept the job, we'll begin the background screening process and prepare for your starting day!