This position is an opportunity to really MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of the children and families we serve in Bergen County.
Bergen's Promise is the Care Management Organization (CMO) for Bergen County. We are a growing non-profit social service agency serving youth ages 5 - 21 and their families. The youth served are challenged by serious behavioral, emotional, mental health, substance abuse issues and developmental disabilities.
We are looking for extraordinary people who share our energy and enthusiasm in supporting the mission of Bergen's Promise. The Case Manager position requires care coordination and crisis work, in community, with children and families in Bergen County NJ.
Must be passionate, creative and able to work under supervision and as part of a team.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the youth and families served.
Bergen's Promise was named one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey in 2012 and was recognized in 2016 with an Award for Excellence.
This position will provide many valuable and varied experiences working with youth and families.
Bergen's Promise is committed to providing great opportunities for professional growth. You can participate in so many ways: be part of one of our internal committees that drives our Mission, learn leadership and supervisory skills by being a Task Supervisor in our internship program, or work towards becoming a Certified Wrap Coach. There is also an internal career path to a supervisory role.
Bergen's Promise will offer you OUTSTANDING BENEFITS!
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Health Reimbursement Account
Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance and AD/D Insurance all fully paid for by Agency
Employer funded pension plan
Flexible Spending Account
AFLAC Supplemental Plans available
Long Term Care Plan available
Credit Union Member
Plum Benefits - discounts tickets to concerts, theater, sporting events
15% Discount on Verizon land/cell phone plans
Partnership with Liberty Mutual - discount and ability to have premiums paid through a payroll deduction
Generous time off benefits including Vacation, Personal, Sick and 13 paid holidays
- Complies with all State regulatory and contractual requirements, policies and procedures; and with Agency policies and procedures. Adheres to Medicaid standards and regulations governing targeted case management, as well as Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) standards.
- Obtains and maintains all State and Agency-mandated certifications.
- Ensures that Wraparound Model values and principles are infused throughout care management practice and engages and supports families by implementing the Child Family Team (CFT) process.
- Organizes and coordinates the development of an effective CFT which shall consist of formal and informal supports, including school and medical partners.
- Collaborates with the Family Support Organization (FSO) to initiate caregiver support.
- Empowers youth and families to utilize informal supports and sustainable community resources to successfully transition towards independence.
- Attends meetings and collaborates with involved system partners, including: school systems, health providers, court, DCP&P, and out of home treatment facilities.
- Ensures that CFT and Face-to-Face meetings, and collateral contacts are conducted according to required timelines and as need indicates.
- Adjusts schedule to accommodate the needs of the youth and families and the Agency.
- Ensures that documentation is posted and filed in all applicable youth records within required time frames and is compliant with the applicable regulatory standards.
- Facilitates families’ securing and maintaining appropriate Medicaid coverage within required time frames.
- Promotes wellness and medical care coordination for all youth and team members, referring to Behavioral Health Home (BHH) services when eligible and maintaining on-going collaboration with BHH and other medical provider CFT members.
- Complies with Agency required reporting protocols, including critical/unusual incident reports, agency incident reports, vehicle accident reports, and reports of quality concern.
- Participates in agency on-call rotation; follow agency on-call protocol.
- Provides coverage as needed for other Care Managers; ensure coverage for assigned youth/families when needed.
- Meets with Care Manager Supervisor on a regular basis for consultation and supervision; participates in weekly team meetings.
- Assists with shadowing and training of new Care Managers.
- Communicates the identification of new community resources and barriers as applicable to the Director of Community Resources.