Who Are We?
At the Skoog & Co family of companies, established in 1987, we believe that travel helps us See The World and Change The World. Centrav, Inc, a Skoog & Co company, is the leading airline consolidator, focused on providing travel advisors access to book airline tickets, whether domestic or international, for their customers. At Centrav, we strive for excellence in all areas of our business and are inspired by the belief that we make a difference in the world and for the world through what we do.
The travel industry was deeply affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and we felt that pain along with the rest of the industry. Our companies weathered the storm through the creativity and excellent leadership of our executive team, and the determination and loyalty of our employees and clients. We’ve known great sadness and disruption through the past two years, but now we are seeing the fruits of hard work and tenacity. We believe the best is yet to come!
The average years of service for our current employees speaks to the loyalty and value we see in the mission of our companies. Our work goes beyond our day to day tasks and directly supports our Non Profit, Venture. Venture serves in international areas where people are least reached and resourced to address systemic injustices. They partner with local leaders in those areas and help develop long-term programs that will break cycles of starvation, lack of education, and human trafficking. With every air ticket we issue, Venture is able to provide a meal to someone who would otherwise go hungry. Our work directly impacts lives around the globe.
Centrav, Inc is looking for an ambitious individual who thrives in a fast paced work environment. Under pressure, you maintain a positive attitude & work well in a team setting, as well as, independently. You must possess strengths in multi-tasking, organization, accuracy, reliability & problem-resolution. You will provide excellent support to our broad customer base of retail travel advisors & specialty agents, projecting a professional and friendly company image via phone, chat, and email interaction. There is a diversity of tasks when working for the Skoog & Co companies, as we touch so many areas of the travel industry.
Onsite and/or remote interactive on the job training provided.
- Booking, changing & re-protecting airline reservations via the Global Distribution Systems- Worldspan & Amadeus, as well as Centrav’s proprietary booking system
- Knowledge of domestic and international airline/airport codes, routings and fare rules
- Strengthen new & existing customer relations
- Actively participate in cross-functional teams to increase overall customer satisfaction and/or operations efficiencies
- Interact professionally with a wide variety of people assisting in travel plans across the globe
- Educate Travel Advisor clients on industry practices and skills to set them up for success
- Collaborate with a team on creative solutions for changes in the airline industry
- Other duties, as assigned
- Advanced study beyond a high school diploma
- GDS experience (Amadeus or Worldspan)
- 2-3 years of experience in the airline/travel industry (preferred, but not required)
- Customer service experience
- Strong computer, math, and communication skills. Must type minimum 30 WPM.
WHY Skoog & Co?
- Affordable Health and Dental Benefits for Full-time Employees (dependent coverage available, ask for details)
- Life & long-term disability insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Iata Card - travel agent fams and fare discounts from the airlines, including discounts on hotels, car rentals, etc.
- A supportive, creative & family-owned company culture where you are valued and cared about
- We are known to advance with-in!
- TRAVEL PERKS! FAM package - be reimbursed for a portion of one unique air travel trip per year!
Find Out More About Our Company Culture:
Job Classification: Full Time Hourly / Non-exempt
Experience Level: Entry-Intermediate Level Specialist
Functions: Customer Care - Sales & Support
Industries: Travel / Airline
Education and Experience:
Advanced study beyond a high school diploma, customer service experience; strong computer, math, and communication skills. Must type minimum 30 WPM.
Current: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00p CST or 9:00am - 5:30pm CST. Flexibility required as we expand hours (7 PM CST closing & some Saturdays required).
In office, hybrid, or remote.
Working conditions are inherent to a normal office environment.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly; excellent attendance is required
- Must be able to take direction, work and communicate well with others
- Must be able to communicate in person, on the telephone, via email & chat
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods within the office setting
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately
- Must be able to work under the stress of deadlines
- Must be able to react to change productively and handle other tasks as assigned
- Must present self in a professional manner
This job description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, mental tolerance, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. Nor does it intend to limit your manager’s right to assign, direct or control your work. The company reserves the right to make changes to any part of this Job Description as deemed, in its judgment, to be necessary or proper.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
This company is an “at will” employer and an offer of employment will not limit the future right of either party to terminate employment-at-will. An employee is free to resign at any time, for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. Similarly, the Company is free to conclude the employment relationship at any time for any lawful reason, with or without cause, and with or without notice.