Base Salary Range: $228,800 - $277,389 plus benefits
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of a physician, this position provides comprehensive medical services for members of family, regardless of age or sex within scope of service/training. Services include: Preventative care, immunizations, primary care and treatment, health education, prescribing of medications, ordering and interpreting lab testing, physical examinations, STD screenings, vision/hearing, women’s health, family planning, prenatal services, nutrition. Incumbents work some evenings and Saturdays as scheduled.
- Manages the care of patients in collaboration with other health professionals and members of the health care team in order to have an effective integration and coordination of the clinical department
- Prescribes or administers treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury
- Orders, performs, and interprets tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients' condition
- Collects, records, and maintains patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examination results
- Monitors patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary
- Explains procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients
- Advises patients and community members concerning diet, activity, hygiene, and disease prevention
- Coordinates work with nurses, social workers, rehabilitation therapists, pharmacists, psychologists, and other health care providers
- Directs and coordinates activities of nurses, students, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff.
- Plans, implements, or administers health programs or standards in clinic for prevention or treatment of injury or illness
- Attendance is essential in order to provide quality of care to patients, face-to-face interaction with patients, and to work with provided healthcare equipment collected at clinics
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- Graduate from an accredited Medical School
- Must have minimum 2 years prior experience in community clinic setting as a Family Physician-preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Current California State Medical License
- Current D.E.A. Certificate
- Residency trained and Board Certified by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR)
- ACLS or Advanced Life Support