Title: Family Nurse Practitioner
Base Salary Range: $131,461 - $152,315 plus benefits
Company intro: South Central Family Health Center (SCFHC) is a primary health care clinic that has been committed to providing quality health care for uninsured families and individuals for more than 37 years. Seeks passionate individuals to join our team.
Our Mission: The Mission of South Central Family Health Center is to improve the quality of life for the diverse Community of inner city Los Angeles by providing affordable and comprehensive health care and education in a welcoming and multi-cultural environment.
To lead the way in health care in South Los Angeles, as the premier provider and employer of choice offering comprehensive, high quality, affordable, efficient and culturally responsive services.
Responsibilities: The Family Nurse Practitioner provides high quality direct patient care with a wide range of healthcare services that revolve around the family unit; from health promotion and disease prevention to direct care and counseling across the lifespan.
- Sees clinical patients in the health services office for selected laboratory testing, examination, diagnosis, and treatment of both chronic and acute episodic illnesses and minor injuries and refers to physician as needed
- Writes and dispenses prescriptions and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
- Performs primary care and physical examinations (Pap tests, etc.)
- Counsels patients and helps them understand their limitations and abilities
- Conducts support groups in subjects related to physical and emotional health (i.e., challenge of change, dealing with losses, dealing with chronic illness as caregiver, etc.)
- Coordinates health promotional activities (providing printed information, routine testing, flu shots, mammograms, etc.).
- Managing overall patient care regarding lifestyle and development issues
- Meets with new staff in department to orient regarding services, identify needs, suggest local physicians and services, etc.
- Conducts laboratory test
- Provide follow up for patients as appropriate
- Make referrals to other medical services and specialist as needed
Top benefits or perks: As a team member at South Central Family Health Center, you’ll enjoy competitive wages and generous benefits:
- Benefits: Health care, dental, life insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Career development: Entry-level employees have opportunities to work in management, HR or other areas of the company
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Knowledge of and adherence to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Nurses
- Must have minimum of six years of RN experience related to family health
- Recent experience in the use of Electronic Medical Record documentation
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Valid California Registered Nursing License
- Must be licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the State of California.
- Current DEA
- Current BLS