About Moody Center:
The “Live Music Capital of the World” is finally getting the world-class arena it deserves. Opening in April of 2022, Moody Center will provide Austin, TX with a premiere 15,000+ seat venue to host the biggest artists and acts on the planet. Designed specifically for concerts, the new arena will replace the 42-year-old Frank Erwin Center and will provide top-tier hospitality, artist amenities, and all of the benefits of a modern music venue. In addition, the facility will serve as the new home court of the University of Texas men’s and women’s basketball programs.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe our employees are our greatest assets. We will create a culture that empowers and inspires them to go above and beyond for our clients, patrons, and community.
Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more. #BeATXcellent
Under supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Building Engineer will perform a variety of skilled and unskilled activities involved in the operation and maintenance of the facility’s mechanical and electrical systems and general operations.
- Part-time position
- Shifts include nights, weekends, and holidays
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility’s audio-visual, environmental controls, emergency power, electrical, HVAC and lighting systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Repair and rebuild various items such as motors, compressors, and ice machines.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program, and standard operating procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, filters and belts as required.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work order slips and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Assist other Operation Department divisions to expedite event conversions as needed.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Respond to routine, precautionary and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems.
- Maintains walls (interior and exterior) of entire complex including all drywall repairs, sanding, and repainting.
- Maintain inventory of paint and supplies.
- Frequent bending, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, lifting 15-50 pounds, sitting, exposure to moderate to loud noises, extensive walking through the building.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and 2 years of construction experience.
- Familiar with operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Some general knowledge in plumbing, electrical wiring and ventilating systems to be able to assist the HVAC and Electrical technicians as needed.
- Understanding of door hardware, locks, key machine, door closers, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings and other related materials.
- Ability to follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Experience in stadiums, arenas, and/or convention centers is preferred.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires Covid-19 vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.