We are not your typical financial advisor and we are not looking for the typical candidate. We are a team of authentic, humble, passionate, reliable, dedicated, and compassionate individuals. Our goal is to find and reward great people that support our collaborative work environment. Our passion for providing industry-leading service to our clients is what drives us. We are looking for team members that can make us even better!
For almost three decades, Dowling & Yahnke has been part of a revolution in wealth management that has now spread throughout the industry — independent, transparent, and world-class financial advice driven by personal relationships and free of competing incentives.
We started our firm for a simple reason — it was the right thing to do. While others have copied our model, we continue to lead the way through a commitment to continuous education, a time-tested and academically supported investment philosophy, and unwavering dedication of excellence to our clients.
For these reasons, Dowling & Yahnke is one of the largest independent, fee-only wealth advisory firms in San Diego, managing approximately $4 billion for more than 1,000 clients. We serve high-net-worth clients by offering objective financial planning advice and investment management services.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced Summer Resident to join our team, reporting to Mark Wernig and Grant Webster. Successful candidates will have completed their first year of an accredited MBA program, and will have the highest professional integrity, value absolute confidentiality, exhibit excellent written, quantitative, verbal, and interpersonal skills and be placed on an accelerated track toward potential employment as an Associate Advisor. This position provides both administrative and operational support to the Firm Partnership, including performing portfolio analyses; leading investment due diligence; compiling, analyzing, and presenting marketing metrics; and actively participating in internal and external growth initiatives. Candidates will participate in a variety of assessments as a part of the interview process.
• Respond to institutional requests for proposals and surveys.
• Comprehensive portfolio analyses that include risk and benchmark analytics.
• Prepare client reports and account performance presentations.
• Lead new investment due diligence and coordinate follow on action on behalf of the Investment Committee.
• Compile, analyze, and present marketing metrics and coordinate follow on action on behalf of the Marketing Committee.
• Actively participate in internal process improvements discussions and coordinate follow on action on behalf of the Client Service Committee.
• Actively participate in external growth initiative discussions and coordinate follow on action on behalf of the Growth Initiatives Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• MBA Candidate with a concentration in finance strongly preferred; candidates who will have completed their first year of a two-year full-time program are targeted for this program.
• Patient learner and problem solver.
• A strong understanding of the financial services industry and capital markets.
• Demonstrable success in building and maintaining relationships with centers of influence and sophisticated business decision makers.
• Excellence in Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
• Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork valued.
• Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to details required.
• Entrepreneurial-minded approach to business; small/midsize company experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
This position is non-exempt and is paid according to the laws of the State of California.
Dowling & Yahnke offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package and profit sharing plan. The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Dowling & Yahnke, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. No relocation assistance is offered for this position; candidates not residing in San Diego County, CA will be responsible for relocation at their own expense. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.