Summary: Assist Attorneys and Senior Paralegals with management of corporate immigration cases and client interactions.
- Prepare immigration cases as assigned by manager for submission to the appropriate government agency; begin to achieve a mastery of case types from simple to complex filings within particular practice area(s).
- Responsible for working with attorneys in the preparation, filing, and monitoring of various immigration cases.
- Understand the procedures and documentation required for cases to be filed successfully and following G&A’s service standards.
- Work with clients to gather the necessary information and documentation in a timely manner.
- Prepare forms according to information received from clients.
- Prepare letters and other documents on behalf of the employer/client.
- Finalize documents after review by Sr. Paralegal and/or Attorney
- Handle a high caseload and work within strict timelines.
- Monitor the status of all filed applications and petitions.
- Evaluate cases and assist in providing case strategies and/or solutions to issues.
- Keep abreast of current regulations and procedures relating to filing applications.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Run reports to assist in managing one’s own caseload.
- Retrieve and/or return files.
- Make photocopies.
- Send faxes and scan documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- J.D. or LL.M. degree and demonstrated interest in immigration law is required.
- Ability to excel within an extremely high-volume environment and make sound judgment calls.
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize cases, manage caseload and other tasks (i.e. projects, company management responsibilities, etc.).
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals.
- Demonstrated level of independence in handling cases.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- While performing duties, the employee will constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer;
- The employee will occasionally need to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.;
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds;
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
Learn more at about us at www.goellaw.com