Ascent Classical Academy of Douglas County is in immediate need of a School Psychologist for its Denver metro area campus located in Lone Tree, Colorado.
The School Psychologist serves K-12 students across special education and general education populations who require universal, targeted, and intensive intervention. He or she will have the knowledge, skills, and commitment needed to provide direct and indirect services that help students and youth succeed academically, socially, behaviorally and emotionally, as well as the understanding and empathy necessary for working with students and their families. The successful candidate will have knowledge of special education students’ needs within general education and special education settings, ensure the proper services and support for students who need supplemental programming, and understand compliance with state and federal laws. The Psychologist is accountable to the Headmaster and will take significant direction from the Student Services Director.
- Ensure the academic integrity of the School by overseeing the appropriateness of modifications and accommodations for students in specialized programming
- Demonstrate effective case management of students
- Support and establish a safe and respectful learning environment for all students
- Demonstrate expertise in assessment, data based decision-making skills and psycho-educational practices, in order to plan, consult, collaborate and/or provide direct services to students who require mental health support and/or services
- Effectively implement crisis prevention, intervention, response and recovery efforts
- Engage in effective communication with parents and teachers
- Assess and provide research-based intervention to students with a suspected learning disability
- Work collaboratively to design IEPs that support academic growth and positive social interactions for learning to promote educational access
- Provide services consistent with Ascent Classical Academies’ content-rich curriculum
- Assist and supervise general education teachers to meet individual educational goals for students with IEPs
- Maintain consistent communication with teachers, parents, Headmaster, and Student Services Director as needed
- Maintain student confidentiality
Ensure academic integrity of the School for students with specialized programming:
- Remain faithful to the classical curriculum and the School’s mission and vision to train the mind and improve the hearts of students with specialized programming
- Understand the importance of the defined curriculum
- Ensure that modifications and accommodations are consistent with the School’s mission and vision
- Stress the importance of continued student progress both academically and behaviorally
- Demonstrate mastery as a teacher to students
- Develop the intellect of each student to the utmost of his or her ability
- Develop the personal character of every student
About Ascent Classical Academies
Ascent Classical Academies is a growing K-12 classical school network based in Colorado. Our schools offer an American Classical Education based on the Core Knowledge framework and scope and sequence developed by the Barney Charter School Initiative of Hillsdale College. Ascent Classical schools currently serve approximately 1,500 students in K-12 campuses located in the Denver and Fort Collins areas of Colorado, with significant expansion planned throughout Colorado and beyond. Our schools offer a well-rounded liberal arts and classical education grounded in virtue and supporting the ideas and philosophy behind the American Founding.
Desired Start Date: Immediately. Additional openings for next school year will be available to start mid-August, 2022.
Compensation Range and Particulars: $70,000 to $88,000 (for 1.0 FTE, prorated for part time schedule). Faculty members work approximately 185 days per year, with significant time off in the summer. Pay is spread evenly over 12 months.
Schedule and Classification: Full-Time* Exempt
- Employee-only coverage for group medical, dental, and vision plan; dependent coverage available
- Health savings account with employer contributions
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance plans
- Retirement investment account with employer match
- Paid time off
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free employee benefit and healthcare concierge guidance through HealthJoy
- Paid leave for qualifying events under the Family Medical Leave Act and the Colorado Healthy Families and Workplaces Act
- Robust teacher training including several weeks of training on-site and at Hillsdale College in Michigan each summer
*This position may allow flexibility as to schedule, including part-time hours in the appropriate situation.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant and appropriate field necessary for licensure and endorsement
- Current Colorado special services licensure with appropriate endorsement for psychology (see Colo. Dept of Education requirements)
- 3 or more years' relevant experience including familiarity with special education laws and regulations
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- After offer is accepted, satisfactory background check as required by state law and Colorado Department of Education
- Conviction in the values of a rigorous liberal arts education
- Loyalty to the school and ACA’s mission and vision
- Commitment to model moral character in line with the school’s core virtues and the pursuit of the Good, True, and Beautiful
- Adherence to all ACA policies, including but not limited to the Employee Handbook, Family Handbook, and all applicable school and board policies