Optikos is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic shipping and receiving specialist. The successful candidate will prepare and ship domestic and international shipments and be responsible for maintaining and managing records of all products shipped and received.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedule both domestic and international shipments. Ensure all required shipping related paperwork is in order for processing through customs and/or customers receiving dock.
· Negotiating with Carriers – understanding the Carrier’s capabilities and negotiating the best rate based on meeting our Customer expectations for delivery
· Daily material receiving and shipping responsibility
· Timely disposition and routing of daily inventory receipts in accordance with system generated routing information
· Scheduling the equipment shipment for our Trade Shows, both domestically and internationally and preparing the necessary Carnets
· Maintain and support accurate routing and material job kitting process
· Support established procedure relation to Incoming Inspection process
· Coordinating the Secondary Operations activities (i.e. paint, modifications, laser engraving, etc.) with the Planner
· Working with the Accounting Department on any inconsistencies on Good Receipt Notices and invoicing by the Suppliers
· Document and update processes and procedures for Shipping and Receiving as needed
· Maintain cleanliness and material inventory of shipping/receiving area
· General education and minimum of 5 years shipping/receiving experience, including International
· Basic computer skills – Email, MS Excel, MS Word, and MRP/ERP software experience
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. The employee must occasionally lift and/move up to 75 pounds.
About Optikos Corporation:
For 40 years, Optikos® has provided innovative applications of optical technology, both products and services, to commercial, government, and consumer products organizations worldwide. The Optikos engineering team is the largest independent optical engineering group in the world, managing all aspects of instrument design–including optics, mechanics, electronics and software systems–in addition to our in-house IQ Lab™ Testing Services to benchmark and assess the performance of customer lens or camera systems. We develop innovative products in the life sciences, aerospace and defense, industrial, automotive and consumer markets, and our experience with a wide variety of applications has enabled our staff to generate creative solutions to some of the most challenging optical problems. Our team continues to improve existing metrology product lines and develop new products that Optikos manufactures and installs around the globe. Our headquarters is centrally located right outside the Boston medical and tech hub in Wakefield, Massachusetts.
If you are an enthusiastic, team-oriented individual looking for a challenge and the opportunity to continue to develop professionally, please apply.
This position is 100% on-site and located at our Wakefield, Massachusetts office. We offer competitive compensation packages along with a challenging and stimulating environment. US citizenship or permanent residency visa required.
Optikos is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.