The Master’s Lawn Care offers apprenticeships through the Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association (FNGLA). We are looking for people who want to join our organization and grow in the Green Industry. Our apprenticeship program utilizes FNGLA course materials and on-the-job training in our different departments to learn varying aspects of our growing trade. It’s a guided journey toward a rewarding career in the green industry!
The apprenticeship program will provide experience in the following:
• Landscape Maintenance – Work with the teams on commercial and residential properties learning the ins and outs of landscape property maintenance
• Fertilization/Pest Control – Learning to identify and control pests in turfgrasses through IPM and treatment techniques
• Landscape Design/Install– Help with layout and installation of landscapes
• Tree and Ornamental Care – Understand how to identify and treat Landscape Ornamental problems
• Irrigation – Understand the various parts of the irrigation system; shadow property inspections; Irrigation troubleshooting techniques
• Sales and Estimating - Shadow an Account Manager or Department Manager in sales appointments to see future in the green industry once training is completed.
Focus of the apprenticeship can be given in any specific area as requested during the interview process.
• Self-motivated to work and learn
• Effective communication skills
• Must have a strong work ethic