At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Vendor Management Specialist is responsible for ensuring research vendor network is operating at contracted KPIs and cost and works to decrease turnaround time and cost by expanding vendor network.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows the vendor selection process to ensure highest quality on-boarding of new vendors ensuring vendors are aware of expectations and consequences; facilitates shared understanding of requirements that are aligned with federal/state law and business unit objectives.
- Negotiates pricing with new and existing research vendors ensuring optimal cost.
- Supports activities related to vendor selection and integration, including the evaluation of all required documentation, background checks, and onsite inspection.
- Maintains vendor accounts through Salesforce to document all vendor activity, quality scores, and trends.
- Understands the complete breadth of professional services and related risks provided by vendors for each product.
- Resolves inquiries or issues relating to vendor management functions; serves as vendor escalation point for vendor issues and risks.
- Executes quality control measures and analyzes the results.
- Proactively recommends process, service, or technology improvements that will result in cost reduction, improved productivity, and service performance.
- Maintains a rigorous schedule for analysis of all vendor performance statistics.
- Recommends vendor changes based on past vendor performance and/or opportunities for improvement in cost, TAT, or quality.
- Provides reporting on vendor management program activities and compliance.
- Designs, develops and delivers training to internal and external clients on vendor management and court research topics.
- Other duties assigned.
- Experience in research or investigative work is required.
- Experience in project management, data management, training, and support skills is required.
- Experience as a Researcher or similar role is required.
- Experience with vendor management and interacting with outside service providers is required.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC employer