Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports To: Plant Manager
Location: Nicholasville, KY
The Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for directing, planning and coordinating the quality assurance program to ensure continuous production is aligned consistently with established standards. Additionally, this position will direct engineering and physical testing of standard products and new projects in test laboratory conditions.
Organizational Relationship: This position reports directly to the Plant Manager. This position directly supervises 3+ employees in the Quality Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of standard products and new products.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives based on ISO9000 standards and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities and products.
- Directs and advises personnel regarding test procedures to analyze components and/or standard products and new products against performance specification.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet testing schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures and use of equipment.
- Plans, promotes and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Investigates and takes timely action on customer complaints regarding quality.
- In addition to the duties listed, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by their supervisor that are essentially related to their duties
- Drives action items based upon the Quality KPI’s showing performance trends
- Coordinate and manage customer quality follow-up calls dealing with quality defect issues, CAR (Corrective Action Requests)
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or member of company.
- Ability to effectively present verbal and written information and findings to management, customers, peers, and suppliers.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publications.
- Demonstrated ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems preferred
- Strong, efficient and effective, oral and written communications skills
- Proven customer interaction skills and experience
- Proven project management skills; resource allocation, prioritization of various functional responsibilities and effective time management
- Travel: <25%
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in from four-year College or university
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training.
- APP certification preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; handle or feel, reach with arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly scheduled travel is required, including overseas trips.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.