The Principal Scientist/Associate Director is accountable for vectorology core activities, driving vectorology research, and working closely with key internal and external partners to produce high quality deliverables. In addition, building and developing a strong team will be key to enable discovery and pharm/tox activities to support the company’s growing in vivo gene editing pipeline.
The ideal candidate possesses a deep subject matter expertise and has experience working and communicating with diverse internal and external functions. In this newly created role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to build their own team internally, participate in the selection of external partners, work closely with our strong Analytics team, and help define the viral delivery strategy. In this visible role, he/she will represent Preclinical Delivery & Development in cross functional program teams and in evaluating external assets.
- Build a team of scientists and/or research associates
- Provide oversight and mentorship to direct reports
- Manage vectorology core activities
- Define, evaluate, and oversee execution of vectorology research
- Subject matter expert in due diligence efforts
- Responsible for technology transfer of external assets as needed
- Manage external partners and work closely with Analytics team to ensure timeliness and quality of deliverables
- Represent Preclinical Delivery & Development in cross functional program teams
- PhD or equivalent in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Virology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with translational/therapeutic programs in an industry or industry-like setting
- Highly skilled in AAV Vectorology
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with recombinant AAV production
- Innovative and science-driven
- Collaborative and an excellent communicator
- Proven people manager with team-building experience
- Experience with project management would be a plus
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You'll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we're all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.