The Drafter I will be responsible for collaborating with project engineers, designers, drafters, and Drafting Manager to develop mechanical designs from concept through detailed drawings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create, update and modify drawings in both SolidWorks and AutoCad.
• Understand and adhere to company design standards.
• Communicate closely with all members of the project team.
• Share applicable technical knowledge and understanding of mechanical design within the company.
• Collaborate with engineers, production technicians, and sales support staff as necessary to identify design problems and develop effective solutions.
• Create production drawings from 3D design models created by engineering.
• Collaborate with design to resolve discrepancies between original designs and production drawings.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Associates Degree, Solidworks Certification, or equivalent experience.
• Competent in Excel and Microsoft Suite. Visual Basic experience is a plus.
• Good communication skills.
• Competent in SolidWorks.
• Experience in 2-D and 3-D drafting.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good organizational skills: Prioritize and manage time effectively.
40 Hour Week / 5 Days in Colchester Offices
** BRING A PORTFOLIO