This position will teach and demonstrate community living skills to consumers with developmental disabilities. Establish and maintain good working relationships with consumers, family/friends, and outside professionals. This person will participate in routine operations of the facility which includes assistance with meal preparation, ensure consumer needs are being met, monitor facility maintenance, cleaning, transportation, and recreational opportunities. This position participates in providing safety training to all consumers. Performance of duties reflects Ravalli Services’ mission of “Promoting Independence and Inclusion for all.” This position reports to the Day Activity Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to maintain flexibility to work assigned hours.
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be capable of giving, receiving, interpreting and applying verbal and/or written instructions and directions.
- Maintain a safe environment for everyone.
- Ability to pass and maintain Ravalli Services’ training sequence, which includes Frist-Aid, CPR, MANDT (management of non-aggressive adults with disabilities), Sate mandated Medication Certification, and College of Direct Supports, within prescribe timelines.
- Ability to acquire training to support individuals with special needs; wheelchairs, walkers and other specialized medical equipment as well as positive behavioral supports.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the habilitation process, policies and procedures for DPHHS-DDP habilitation training, principles of community integration and normalization, and techniques of non-aversive training acquired through completion of identified seconds of in-house training programs.
- Develop and maintain a positive and effective relationship with consumers, families, guardians, neighborhood business, representatives of public service agencies and other co-workers for Ravalli Services.
- Assist in and maintain compliance of the services of the Day Activity setting to standards prescribed by Ravalli Services and the State Department of Public Health and Human Services.
- Assist and document the development and implementation of action plans and training goals for consumers, as developed by each consumer’s Personal Support Team under the supervision or direction of site manager.
- Assist each consumer with basic living skills (e.g., social & domestic) through specific instruction and positive programs. Assist with personal hygiene as needed (e.g., bathing, brushing teeth, shaving, nail clipping, dressing and overall general appearance, recreational activities, community integration, etc.).
- Perform or assist consumers with basic domestic duties as needed (e.g., cooking, cleaning, and laundry).
- Complete all paperwork required by Ravalli Services and/or the State of Montana, Developmental Disabilities Program (DDP) (e.g., daily checklists, medication administration records, mileage logs, incident reports, case notes, timesheets, etc.).
- Serve as a good role model, maintain good personal boundaries with all consumers’ and co-workers and maintain professionalism at all times.
- Provide in-home and community supervision according to the individual needs of all consumers.
- Follow all written protocols.
- Excellent communication with other staff members on shift, during shift changes as we as with site manager is imperative.
- Responsible for and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to complete monthly assigned staff duties in a timely manner.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- The position requires education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma and completed of occupationally-specific training.
- Ability to pass a criminal and other background checks.
- Possession of a Montana Drivers License and maintain a good driving record in order to meet the reequipment for insurability to be covered by company vehicle insurance.
- Ability to successfully perform all the responsibilities shown above.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional, effective, harmonious, working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with stakeholders, including but not limited to staff, consumers, family members, medical professionals and community members.
- Ability to show critical thinking and positive decision-making skills.
- Ability to safely and frequently lift, move or other handle items weighing up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, employee frequently communicates with employees and consumers. This position must be able to exchange accurate information. During a normal 8 hour shift employee will be standing up and moving at least 80% of the time. Bending, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling and etc., are common motions to be expected. Walking and working surfaces are normally even. Exposure to sight, sounds, odors and physical or verbal aggression may be encountered. Reason accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.