Vadum Inc. is seeking a highly motivated senior radio frequency (RF) and electromagnetics (EM) hardware design engineer with a strong technical background in architecting leading-edge system solutions, developing high-performance circuitry, testing and evaluation, and designing for environmental and manufacturing variations. This person will play a leading role as a principal investigator in the research and development of novel RF sensors, radars, test and measurement equipment for military applications. The position requires creativity, initiative, analytical thinking, solid organizational abilities, and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interactions with internal and external customers.
• Conceptualize, develop, and demonstrate new technologies and capabilities to meet complex DoD needs.
• Take ownership of end-to-end solutions for advanced R&D projects to meet technical, schedule, and cost goals.
• Participate in all phases of development life cycle (requirements, systems and circuit design, integration, evaluation, and support manufacturing transition).
• Write technical proposals in support of applied research.
• Independently develop technical solutions such as frequency plans, system architectures, frequency synthesis, transceivers, radios, SDRs, antenna, transducers, and power amplifiers with accommodations for mechanical assembly integration.
• Design and simulate circuits; select components; layout and prototype PCBs; assemble, debug, and bench/field test prototypes.
• Operate with broad direction and require minimal supervision.
• Interact effectively with managers, customers, development partners, and vendors.
· Familiarity with rugged military electronic systems, military applications, or commercial communication systems.
· Track record for transitioning novel ideas and paper designs to proof-of-concept and capability demonstrations.
· Proficiency using analog/RF and EM design tools such as Microwave Office, SPICE, and CST or similar.
· Ability to generate specifications and perform block-and-level system design and power budget analysis.
· Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout, preferably with Mentor Pads.
· Ability to perform bench-level analog/power/RF/microwave bring-up and troubleshooting using analog and RF test equipment.
· Strong understanding of EM physics, knowledge of phenomenological properties, and evaluation techniques for effects analysis.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, initiative, attention-to-detail, highly organized, and personal commitment to quality.
· Ability to work well on multiple projects simultaneously.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain design strategy and decisions.
Required – MS EE, with 7+ years industry experience
Desired – PhD EE, with 5+ years industry experience
Eligibility: United States Citizens only.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance. The DoD handles and adjudicates the security clearance process; there are no costs for the applicant. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.