Under the supervision of Account Executives and Call Center Managers, the Benefits Counselor will contact client employees to educate them on the available insurance products offered by their employer. The Benefits Counselor collaborates with the Account Executive and Call Center Managers to ensure that client standards and requirements are met during benefits consultations. The Benefits Counselor should be able to consult using fact finding initiatives, while building rapport to determine and advise on the best fit solutions for the employee. Therefore, the Benefits Counselor will educate and assist employees in benefits enrollment activities, as directed by the client. This opportunity is available for on-site travel or work-from-home call center.
*Considering the current socio-economic climate, we have restricted travel opportunities. However, if conditions change and restrictions are lifted in the future, on-site opportunities may become available. We are currently only assigning work-from-home call center enrollments
Job and Skill Requirements: As a Benefits Counselor, there exists the daily opportunity to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of insurance products, such as life, health, and voluntary benefits.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret customer needs and educate on available benefits.
- Ability to maintain documentation in a concise, accurate and timely fashion.
- Ability to manage scheduled appointments for call center contact, in timely and efficient manner.
- Attend department meetings and trainings, whether on-site or online.
- Perform other reporting and administrative duties as directed.
- Ability to work various shifts.
Job Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have previous demonstrated experience in the field of Employee Benefits Education, or consulting, and working with persons from diverse backgrounds. Specifically:
- Fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Benefits Counselor.
- Current and active resident state license in Life and Health Insurance.
- Ability to pass or clear necessary screenings and background check requirements.
- Access to adequate and efficient quiet work area from home with necessary internet connections.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Windows and Google based programs.