The hours for this position are 10AM-6:30PM, with days off on Monday and Wednesday
- Teamwork: collaborates well with other employees and works effectively in team-based environments.
- Integrity & Ethics: demonstrates ethical behavior, such as honesty and strong moral principles; avoids conflicts of interest.
- Service Excellence: strives to provide excellent service to internal and/or external customers by meeting and managing customer expectations.
- Quality: accurate, organized and thorough. Applies principles of continuous improvement.
- Safety: demonstrates commitment to working in a safe, prudent manner with complete regard for individual safety.
- Confidentiality: maintains the highest degree of confidentiality with working knowledge of HIPAA laws.
- Policy Compliance: adheres to company policy and procedure and applicable Joint Commission standards.
Position Specific Competencies
- Ability to maintain accountability, meet deadlines, and follow-through on tasks.
- Must be able to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Excellent time management skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance
- Knowledge of food profession principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of proper food preparation
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves or ensures proper serving of food for kitchen
- Executes proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to Executive Director
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation
- Taking charge of kitchen opening, closing and other side duties as directed by the Executive Chef
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree, or equivalent.
- Preferably one year of experience working in the culinary field.
- If self identifying as in recovery, must have a minimum of six months of sustained recovery
- ServSafe certification